View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 27, 2015, 11:25 AM

So interesting Dan. My situation was that I was feeling well at the time of diagnosis and didn't realize how fast my MDS was moving. I felt no symptoms. Looking back, I realize that I had no time to "watch and wait". Within a month of the "lucky" diagnosis my numbers hit the danger zone and we started on the Vidaza. My doctors told me (and I agreed) that the SCT had to be planned almost immediately. I believe they were correct. What I think I learned was that firstly, everyone is different with MDS (as we all know) and secondly it is so important to act at the best possible time. Waiting too long in many cases can be detrimental for a reasonably good outcome. For me, I had weeks to turn this around rather than years. We just never saw it coming.

On another Vidaza subject .... how long after the shots each cycle do you start feeling "normal"? I feel ok for about two, maybe three, days of the shots and it takes about a week after the shots to start feeling OK again. The shots don't bother me much but I can feel the effect while getting them.