View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 30, 2013, 12:56 PM

Cool Meaning of blood work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally C View Post
Hi Grifmat,
Maybe this link will help answer some of your questions. Also if you do a search on "blood work" it will come up with many links to explanations about blood work.
http://www.newportnaturalhealth.com/...g-blood-tests/
God Bless,
Sally
Hi Sally, The website you posted is a good site, thanks for the insight! I'm fairly new to this forum, but have found some very helpful information from the wonderful people on this forum. I have a question for anyone who would like to answer it; my blood counts have been slowly declining, after being 6 yrs out from chemotherapy for breast cancer.
My oncologist has been concerned but has just put me in a wait and see mode. He did a blood smear a week ago and I was wondering how accurate they are to see early signs of bone marrow damage? I have only been diagnosed with chronic anemia for now. I can handle where I'm at right now with fatigue and bruising easily.
CBC's show low RBC at 3.99 range 4.04-5.48; Low Hct 33.8 range 37.7-47.9; Low HGB 11 range 12.2-16.2; Low WBC 4.4 range 4.6-10.2; High RDW 15.3 range 11.6-14.8; Low PLT 151 range 142-424; High Lym% 56.2 range 10.0-50.0; Low granulocytes 1.7 range 2.0-7.8; Low MCHC 30.7 range 31.8-35.4; MCV is ok. All these numbers keep inching down except for RDW and LYM% keep inching up. Thank goodness they are not crashing though.
Any input would be appreciated! Overall I can't complain.

God Bless!
K Dance