View Single Post
Old Tue May 10, 2011, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura View Post
I see my primary on Wednesday. I think if I asked to her to check xyz she would. She is so nice and tells me she remembers me before transplant and sees me now and can tell I have a very poor quality of life. She tells me she will do whatever needs to be done in order for me to get my life back.
Oh Laura I am SO glad you have someone to be an advocate for you, because I was stunned to hear that the other doctors wouldn't even investigate your nutritionals before. Seriously, stunned. I can't count the number of times I've had things tested just because there *might* be a chance it might be off, so to hear that you're begging stuff to be checked is just so sad and frustrating.

I really hope that Cleveland can sort out these issues for you. I made the switch to a gynae department at another hospital (actually closer to home!) and the difference has been night and day - I feel this new dept actually cares and is sympathetic towards my problems, and even no there's been no improvement yet, at least they're trying things and I feel like we're moving towards a resolution. And sometimes that's half the battle.

I hope soon you'll be out there running with me...

melissa
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)