View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 1, 2007, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Hi, Jill.

Welcome to Marrowforums. You seem to have partly resolved your own questions, but I wanted to add that I know patients (or their advocates) need to be pro-active in staying in touch with their transplant coordinators during the search process. In my experience, these hard-working people are juggling so many patients--each with their own unique criteria, but all with pressing timelines--that it can be hard for them to keep patients completely up to date on the status of their own search. Coordinators should be aware that patients need to be updated reqularly, but it's a situation where you may need to be a squeaky wheel to keep your father's case in the front of their minds. Being a transplant coordinator is part technical and part social worker. Some people are likely better at one part of the job or the other. I was lucky to have a wonderful coordinator at City of Hope, who found my match quickly and always thought of me as one of "her" patients. I hope your Dad finds his match soon. Where is he being treated?

Regards,
Ruth Cuadra