View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 24, 2009, 11:48 PM

Nicole,
Ethan had a fever of 40.3 C at 2am this morning, but the fevers seem to go away after Tylenol and some ice bags and stay away during the day.

Ethan is CMV+, but our donor is CMV-. My family, we are all CMV+, and I wonder if I could have shed this to him in this very vulnerable hour.

They started Gancyclovere tonight and I am so very glad to hear that you think it wont stop his engraftment. His white count as of yesterday was only .3 Up from 0, but still so delicate. The doctor as of this morning had seemed to think that perhaps this .3 might show that he is starting to engraft. I was hoping that these fevers were just a product of that. I am so crushed really to hear this evening that there is a virus to fight when he has no immune system to fight it. They check CMV numbers every Monday and Thursday. Of course this Thursday is Thanksgiving so I may not know if the antiviral is working until next week.

This waiting game is really exhausting. Thank you for all of your suggestions and support. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!