View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 27, 2009, 10:28 PM

Ethan's white cells are up to .8 today! ANC is .3!
I hate to be one of those parents that asks for numbers every day, but I did this morning and I nearly jumped out of my skin with excitement.

The doctor didn't get to us in rounds until 5pm tonight, and she didn't even mention it. The two regular doctors would have told me first thing, but this newer doctor seems to be a bit more conservative. She is on rounds for the next 2 weeks, so I will be asking for numbers daily. If it were the other doctors, I wouldn't have to because they come in each morning and let me know his progress if it is worth mentioning.

Ethan is coughing and congested. It is really hard for him to eat. They are starting IV nutrients tonight. I worry most about fungal infections and pneumonia. They keep telling me his lungs are clear and his O2 is 100%, but it is hard to hear him coughing and sniffling. He is a bit lethargic too. They say it is a combination of the CMV and mucusitus. He has been pretty lucky in that he has only had one mouth sore.

Today he showed an all over body rash. It isn't raised and seems to come and go with fevers too. Could be GVH, but they aren't sure and aren't ready to start steroids as they also impede white cells?

Day +17 is almost over. Can't wait until this time next week - maybe he will be feeling alot better and we will have more positive signs of engraftment.

Thanks so much for your support!!!
Jen