View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 4, 2009, 12:38 AM

Smile

Hi Nicole
Today is +23
Ethan's counts today were great
WBC: 3.2 today up from 2.6 yesterday
ANC: 1.2 up from .9 yesterday

Just waiting for those CMV numbers - probably get those tomorrow.
He is tired and still congested, but his color was good this morning.
Still coughing. We have a nasal spray on our list of to do's now. Only allowed to do that for 3 days than 4 days off. The asthma breathing treatment seems to help his coughing as well as the benadryl. We are also doing some saline nose rinses. The cough seems to get worse at 3pm and 3am. They still say it is upper respiratory and that his lungs sound good. His O2 is still pretty good - generally 95-100. His blood pressure and heart rate tend to be a bit high, but he is on some med for that too.

I thought it was odd, but his platelet count has been slowly climbing since last week. At first I thought it was a typo. It was 36 on Sat, 43 on Sun, 49 on Mon...today it was 61!

I thought platelets were the last to recover counts. We have gotten more red transfusions than platelets since his transplant. His reds seem to still drift down, but just not as fast as the first week after transplant.

He has been fever free for a few days, but just this evening broke another fever. They took cultures, but I am hoping it is an engraftment fever. I just feel like screaming and having a party every time I see his white count go up.