Thread: No Posts
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 29, 2018, 11:34 AM

Today's Posts Suggestion?

I have a suggestion... do with it what you will.

I try to check this forum most days... but sometimes a few days pass between views. The latest posts do not stay on "Today's Posts" for very long (I assume only 24 hours if no one comments on them?). If I don't check the site for a few days, the latest posts will have scrolled off and exist only in their appropriate forum folder. No problem, but...

To catch up on recent posts I may have missed, I could click through all the forum folders and check for new posts (not likely)... or I could log in and check under "New Posts" -- since this seems to hang on to recent posts a good bit longer. But honestly, I don't always want to log in -- usually I log in only to post an update or to respond to someone else's update... so "New Posts" isn't always something I see.

A suggestion might be to replace "Today's Posts" on the regular forum with the "New Posts" feature -- which is currently only available upon logging in. This might help people who are not able to check the site every single day to see some of the most recent posts a little easier... and perhaps even to respond to them before they exist only in their respective forum folders.

Just an idea... I will still enjoy and use this site either way!