View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 2, 2018, 12:52 AM

Hi BTD,

Do you have MAA now? What are your counts? Are you transfusion dependent? I ask because if you have SAA/VSAA, you should start ATG quickly to minimize further damage to your marrow.

Be sure you receive your treatment at a hospital with experience, in case you do have an unusual reaction. I would ask for a test dose of the serum to determine whether you need a slower infusion rate or if you are severely allergic. You can also ask for the hospital's treatment protocol ahead of time.

I had a central line. Your body will eat through RBCs and platelets while getting ATG.

The first night of ATG is the worst. Each subsequent dose will hopefully get easier. Your ANC will bottom out shortly after the ATG starts, so be vigilant that everyone (nurses/doctors/guests) is following proper sanitation protocols!

Serum sickness is controlled with prednisone, which is part of the standard treatment protocol. If all goes well, and you don't get an infection, you should be out in 1-2 weeks. If you get an infection, this can turn into months, so be vigilant!

Hope all goes well!