View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 10, 2018, 01:24 PM

Hi Meagansmom,
I wish I could answer all of your questions but I don't have the answers.
With regard to whether or not you should ask your mom's doctor something, yes yes yes - you should ask whatever questions you may have. When my husband was diagnosed with MDS in 2009 I took a recording device so I could refer back to what the doctors said since it was all Greek to me.
As a caretaker, I totally understand your exhaustion, frustration and feelings of futility. I remember we were about a year and a half into his illness before someone asked how I was doing. It made me cry as I felt so alone with all the burdens on me and it meant so much that someone acknowledged that it was hard on both of us. Having been both the caretaker and the patient I really believe it's harder on the caretaker. Take good care of yourself and realize that you aren't invincible. Ask for help if there are others who can help. Cut yourself some slack whenever you can - you can only do so much. Acknowledge your limitations and live within them. And just take one day at a time. You will get through it although I know sometimes it doesn't seem that way.
All the best to you and your family
Sally