View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 30, 2009, 07:34 PM

Smile Lab Results for 1st Day of 7th Cycle Vidaza

Today was a good day... we asked a lot of questions about continuing on the clinical trial protocol (10-Days Vidaza) on a 28 Day Cycle. Ron is approved to remain on the trial, as his blood is considered in Full Remission and his Bone Marrow is considered in Partial Remission due to some blasts... but, when I asked about all of us having some blasts, the Doctor confirmed what Birgitta had shared in earlier posts.... that we all may have blast cells at some time...

I also asked if there were any "knowns" as to 10-Days being better than 5-Days, or 5-Days being just as good as 10-Days... The doctor did say, right now, it is "unknown".... and there were really no way to determine if 5-Days or 10-Days would be best.

Also, I did confirm Ron's dosage... I had noted previously it was 105mg. That is what he receives due to his body weight & Height, but, the actual prescribed dose 50mg/m2.

We've decided to continue with "The Winning Team" and stay on the clinical trial protocol with the 10-Days Vidaza. Ron's Labs looked great today!

7- 1: 9/30/09 HGB 15.5, HCT 44.6%, RBC 4.60, WBC 4.6, NEU 45%, PLT 204

Thank all of you for your continued support & prayers. And, may God Bless all of you !!!! Patients & Caretakers! Cindy

Last edited by launch : Wed Sep 30, 2009 at 10:14 PM. Reason: minor typos...