View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 14, 2014, 02:47 PM

Day +115. All is not so well

No news is good news. Too bad that is not the present situation.

At the end of Sept. my chronic Diarrhea got worse and I ran a fever. I went to the ER. Triage took one look and was in a bed in less than 5 minutes. A bunch of tests found c.diff. Everyone entering my room had to wear a hazmat suit. Standard antibiotic for c.diff did nothing for the symptoms. I was put on a high power (and high price) antibiotic designed for c.diff. $1361, but $8 from the VA. Symptoms unchanged. New test for c.diff showed not present, or cured. Nobody had told my intestines. We had been getting ready to go home. While in the hospital our apartment evicted us in favor of a more needy patient. In-spite of feeling really crummy with BM 10 times a day I was declared cured and should go home. We didn't feel up to moving twice so we went back home-home. 3 days later I was in the local ER. This time it took 10 minutes to admit me. A bunch of negative test results lead them to try a colonoscopy and a endoscopy. Colon beat up due to overuse. Try MoviPrep with severe intestine cramps. They found a bunch of things but nothing to explain symptoms. A number of skin problems that I had been pointing out and ignored suddenly became GVHD after a week and a half in the hospital. They say prednosone will cure my symptoms and I will be sent home in two days. CBC numbers bouncing from critical low to normal. Engraphment: Sept 15th CD3: 70% donor, CD33: >95% donor, CD56: >95% donor. 95+ on two lines is very good. 75% is considered as minimum so 70% is mixed news.

Ray