View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 3, 2014, 11:51 PM

MDS bob

Bob I would SO APPRECIATE any cd you are willing to send me with all the work you have done gathering statistics, etc. I have tried to find the info you quoted and have been unable to that would be such a tremendous help
no one advised me I had to show my husband became 100% totally permanently disabled from MDS which he did for 3+ years before he died- I will get that info from SS and submit
I have found studies as late as 2008 that have commented that the SEERS reports the VA have been using are not relevant and that the only studies scientifically relating MDS to dioxins are in the occupational studies in American not thru the fed government or ward offices interesting...
I slowly plug along gathering presenting arguing comparing when my husband was diagnosed he was 43 years old, he began with Aplastic Anemia as MDS was far from common, it was not considered a cancer nor coded as such and usual cancer treatments were not used everything was in clinical trial stage transplants were not common much has changed since 1992.
Veterans' medical were not covered if a combined income was over a certain amount and the cost of his care was very expensive insurances didn't want to treat it differently than having "tired blood" registries didn't claim it specifically until 2000 or so
I am telling you nothing- any and all help you may provide is wonderful I will send you my mailing address if we can do it 'privately' for you to send a cd-
thanks Barbara a