View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 9, 2014, 09:00 AM

9 weeks post ATG improving counts or just hopeful?

Hi everyone, i am new to this forum.

I was just wondering if I'm looking to much in to this or if my counts are improving slightly and what experiences other people had.

I was told that it's likely that if you are going to respond to ATG the first thing you would see is your WBC improving, I'm still twice weekly platelet transfusion dependent and blood around ever 2 weeks ish

I get a print out of my results once per week (I'm not sure I should as I over analyse everything) my WBC dropped after my steroids finished to 0.65 this is where it stayed for a couple of weeks but the last three weeks it has been, 0.83, 0.85 then 0.87, I know these are still very low (I have VSAA) but that looks like it's going in the right direction maybe? I just wonder what other peoples experiences are? Do the levels just fluctuate or do you think this is a good sign?

I have a bone marrow biopsy booked for September (3 month mark) and I guess I'm just being impatient, but as anyone with AA will know your always looking for a bit of hope, looking forward to your response xxx