View Single Post
Old Thu May 27, 2010, 10:42 PM

Birgitta,
Just keep Ron in your Prayers.... I too hope the same and keep the faith that he will do well. His Doctor actually wanted to go to the "watch and wait" because of the slow recovery of WBCs ( 4 wks ) Delay of next cycle of treatment. He said that, over time, his experience showed the recover time would be longer and longer, and he didn't want to push Ron's body to the point it did not recover. He didn't want to do more harm than good, just for the sake of keeping Ron on cycle...

Ron's body had taken the chemo harder the last two cycles. Seems he felt more effects of the chemo than before. My belief is, he felt so very bad in the beginning (tired, anemic, short of breath, slightly nausiated, and nightly fevers), so, as the Vidaza did it's magic, Ron's body was improving and the blood was behaving over time. But, once he had achieved the fairly "normal ranges" of blood counts, his body started getting run down by the same treatment that restored his blood counts. It's a double edged sword I suppose.

4 months ago, we were afraid of the watch and wait. Today we are not. We will take one day at a time... right now, Ron's quality of life is much better. He needed the Vidaza to bring him to this point. The Doctor is hopeful Ron's counts/remission status will remain for at leat 6 mons to 2 yrs. We keep our faith and we continue to pray...

I will keep all of you posted....
Thanks for always being there Birgitta!

Cindy
Cindy, wife of Ron 66 dx w/MDS(RARS)Feb'09,Vidaza 13mons. BMB 2/10 -5q/increased blasts. Watch/wait May-Jul10. Revlimid Jul-Aug10:A-Fib. BMB Aug18, 12%blasts. MDS to AML. Induction completed 9/21/10. BMB Oct10:CR. Consolidaton:10/25/10. Dacogen Dec27-29. SCT on Hold. Fevers/Nt sweats Jan11.