View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 5, 2010, 09:41 AM

Hi Suz and Lisa,

No I don't think I have PNH, my hematologist says she doesn't think I have a hemolytic anemia. Thanks for the explanations about clones and the link to the article about PNH.

I've been diagnosed with pure red cell aplasia, so I've been reading up a lot about aplastic anemia as it seems similar. I'm trying to educate myself on the terms and different bone marrow diseases and treatments.

I am convinced my disease is caused by some sort of undetected infection. 18 yrs ago I was hospitalized with FUO and agranulocytosis. I responded to cyclosporine then, but this time cyclosporine was only partially successful - it stabilized my HGB at 100 but I felt terrible on it. I decided to try the Marshall Protocol before I committed to more drastic treatment with ATG or cytoxan (treatment of L-form bacterial infection as the cause of autoimmune diseases). If the MP doesn't work then I'll have to look into those treatments.

I've found some articles about effects of infections on bone marrow at Pubmed, so I know I'm not totally out in left field, but it sure is a long, slow process. In the meantime, I'm trying to research and get as much info as I can, especially when I come across new terms.

Thanks,
Deb