View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 24, 2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
Patti we are praying or you and Dean, thats the problem with Decitabine, it does a great job of keeping the blasts at bay, but it usually keeps your counts suppressed also, we have the same problem, I dont like this disease to begin with, and I get even more irritated when folks like ya'll are going thru a lot.... and then more gets added on to it. Its important when we are at the crossroads we have a clear head when makeing decisions about treatment, Tina and myself reasearch our options. Moffitt is a great place, hopefully they can come up with a couple different options of low intensity treatment for ya'll.....Praying for Dean and yourself....Billy and Tina
Thank you Billy for your prayers!

You and Tina have been through so much, and are so young. Dean has had a long life, some health issues (kidney cancer, heart disease), but he always bounced back, I use to call him the Energizer Bunny. We are retired and were enjoying these years after working so very hard, we would joke about traveling until we were in wheelchairs, never knowing what the future had in store.

Dean doesn't want to leave me, he knows I will be alone. He never complains about everything he is going through, but he does cry in those moments when he feels afraid. We know so many people are going through so much more, and we try to be thankful for everything we have been given, but it is still so very scary.

Thank you for your kind post, thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs to you and Tina. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Dean,age 76, dx MDS, RAEB-2, 17% blasts, June 2012 - May 2013 - Dacogen with Neupogen and transfusions as needed. End of May 2013 Dacogen stopped working. BMB July 2013 shows RAEB-2 and severe Myelofibrosis. Passed away September 30, 2013