View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 20, 2008, 10:47 PM

Want to Stop Treatments

Has anyone had the urge to just stop their treatments and live as "normal" a life as possible for as long as possible? These are my thoughts right now. In fact, I started a round of Vidaza on Monday. By Wed., I was feeling so sick that I decided to skip treatment on Wed and Thursday. My feeling right now is to not continue treatments and see what happens. I know they have meds to help with nausea and these help with the nausea, the problem with these, though, is that they make me so very tired I am almost unable to go about my daily activities which include teaching full-time and helping care for my grand daughter. I know I need to talk with the doc and treatment nurses, but I am worried that they will give me grief for discontinuing treatments. Has anyone been in this situation and, if so, how did you deal with it? Thanks. I've been receiving Vidaza treatments monthly since August of 06 and the doc says these need to continue indefinitely.
Kathy, 47, diagnosed with MDS IPSS Intermediate Risk, Refractory Anemia and Thrombocytopenia both secondary to MDS. 8/06-treatments include 14 shots Vidaza monthly, aeranesp, neulasta when needed also have polycystic kidney disease