View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 14, 2015, 06:59 PM

I had 2 both without sedation, I'd say both were about the same and the pain was brief when they break through. I also had 2 root canals and I would put the BMB on the same pain scale. I was told that I wouldn't need anything and they do it all the time. I had asked about the drill on the second one but was told they didn't use them. I know they had a trainee doing both of mine and I assume that those folks need the experience in getting the samples. I'm guessing but I would think they need to be trained to do the procedure with a manual tool and a non sedated patient. I absolutely agree that if you can avoid the pain you should if approached for pain relief I wouldn't turn it down but in my experiences it was bearable. I did not have my first one scheduled so I had no time to worry about it and it worked out ok. Last BMB for me was 4 or 5 years ago so things may have changed in the center I go to with sedation and drills being the norm now. I also guessing but I would think the sedation rules out driving for a period of time.