Thread: Just diagnosed!
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 4, 2014, 02:16 AM

Hello

Well you are in the right place to vent, write and read about stuff that we go through.

I was diagnosed with MDS 08/12 and went through a bone marrow transplant in 12/12. Everything happened just so fast! But I have cried the desperate tears, I have cried the sad tears and I have cried the happy tears. We know how you feel and its okay to cry, its good to cry. But right now you can't let fear take over.

Everything is so new that it can totally be overwhelming, but you need to stay positive, have a network of people to talk to, write down questions for your appointments and do not google the internet for answers. Not sure where you are located but there are communities with support groups, there are blood conferences coming up to meet with others, there are phone lines to talk with someone, you are not alone.

But meanwhile, try to maintain a normal functioning life (I was working until the day before I got admitted to the hospital for my BMT), eat healthy, exercise and keep a journal of bruises, red dots, bleeding gums etc.

Hang in there!

Tii - 37 yrs, MDS/t-cell leukemia, BMT 12/12 (sister donor)