View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 22, 2011, 11:00 AM

Erica

As I said in earlier post, Trev had been transfusion independent for a month or so when he began having Kidney problems due to the CyA. The Dr. didnt take him off the cyclosporin completly, but they did reduced it by half. Unfortunatly he began needing Hgb transfusions again. During that time he developed multiple infections in his pic line and then mediport and then another pic line. I was convinced he would stay on transfusion and a BMT or second round of ATG was going to be the only next chioce. Trevor had been recieving trans.. every three weeks. He would have been due for a transfusion this past Monday but im happy to say his Hgb came back at 9 and platelets at 113. That's the best news ever. Trevor was first diagnosed March 23 2011. My guess is on March 23, 2012 he will be transfusion independent with good functioning kidneys and no killer headaches. Hang in there , dont panic and keep asking questions..

Last edited by JodyW : Thu Dec 22, 2011 at 12:11 PM.