View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 26, 2015, 09:28 AM

Hi Tracey - glad you're moving along - I think we are on the same schedule. Turns out my brother had some heart problems that showed up in pre-donation testing and he needed a stent - ironically they say I saved his life, but he now may not be able to donate to me. They have, however found some matches on the donor list and are now seeing if they will actually donate. In the meantime, after letting my hemoglobin fall to 5 I too failed my cardiac screening - ended up overnight in the ER and then on to a cardiac catheterization and another night in the hospital - now I'm on heart meds and have a new cardiologist - but nothing that should slow down the transplant. After all that I had an unusually painful bone marrow aspiration - it was all almost funny. I figure this was like a coming attractions. I meet next week with my transplant doctor to go over the biopsy and make a plan. I'll keep you posted.

What problems are you having with your gut? We both need to stay positive!
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015