View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 15, 2014, 10:12 PM

Yep! My neut average is similar to yours, and my red cells and platelets are lower than normal, but not low enough to cause concern. However my blasts are currently <5% (unless something's changed since Feb). Are you subject to certain types of infections? or do you keep fairly well?

I have the impression that MDS with low white cells as the main issue is easier to manage than MDS with low red cells or platelets because one is not needing transfusions with the associated iron overload problems. There are things we can do to avoid infections.

Have you had your globulins checked? I think the gamma globulin infusions help my immune system even though they don't change my level of white cells and neutrophils.

All the best and may God bless and guide you. I can relate to how you must be feeling. Please learn as much as you can and try not to freak out at lifespans, because average means that lots of people are doing better than that!
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.