View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 1, 2014, 01:42 AM

Sounds as though you're managing really well with your low neuts. The main thing is to hope that your blasts don't increase. My age is similar to yours (nearly 67).

I am prone to infections but manage to avoid most of them by keeping off products containing cane sugar, using cranberry capsules as soon as I get symptoms of a UTI and getting into the Echinaea and garlic when I feel a sore throat starting. Skin infections are fairly easy to deal with. Exercise is important. I also find that finishing off my shower with cold gives me a kick start for the day (don't do that if I'm showering at night though).

Try not to stress. Stress can make your white cell count drop. I look forward to hearing how you are going. There are so many knowledgeable people on this forum to give good advice when things look gloomy.

Please ask your doctor next time you visit how your globulin levels are.
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.