View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 5, 2014, 12:59 AM

I was watch and wait for one year

I was MDS RAEB 1 and was watch and wait for one year before it changed to AML. Once that happened, I was admitted, central line and other work ups, before starting chemo two days later. It might be a good idea to read about the CPX 351 trial to see if you might qualify in the event your MDS changes. I hope that you will be watch and wait for many years. Kind regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutta H View Post
I was diagnosed with MDS in February and in March found out that I was RAEB 1 (2), 10 % blasts. low on neutrophiles (0.5) Reds and plateletts were normal . Since then on my monthly checkups i vary between .4 and .5 . I am not qualified for BMT because of my age (68). I am on wait and watch until I eventually go over to AML which may come next month or in 5 years time I am told. Any others out there on no meds and just waiting?
DX MDS RA Low Risk August 2012. DX Changed to MDS RAEB1. Progressed to AML July 2013. Participated in clinical chemo trial CPX351 and relapsed four months later in March 2014. Maintenance chemo -VIDAZA (AZA) stopped after 4 rounds. Awaiting full report from BMB.