View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 15, 2014, 04:29 PM

Question 8 weeks post ATG- please advise

Hello. We are 8 weeks out from my husband's treatment with ATG and cyclosporine at Mayo Clinic in Rochester. He has finished his last dose of prednisone last Friday (10 mg). On Monday his platelet count was 21 after a Friday count of 16. We were quite hopeful that he had made his own, but it seems to be a lab mistake as today (Wednesday) it was 11. Actually all his labs were down today and we are discouraged. His white count is at a 2 week low at 2.0. His hemoglobin was 7.7, platelets 11, and ANC 742 down from 1067 last week. I think I have read here that after prednisone there is a drop and hopefully we will go up. He was taken off levaquin and flucanozole. Only on cyclosporine, Prilosec, aclovir, and a blood pressure medicine. Our hematologist is wondering if Mayo is planning on changing his meds as he likes to see some progress by 8 weeks. We go back to Mayo on Nov. 10. and will be meeting with a hematologist and a thoracic surgeon as there is still the issue of the thymoma. Our hematologist brought up promacta. Do you think it's too early to switch meds up? Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.