View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 4, 2011, 01:36 AM

Thanks for pitching in Greg and Joan. Yes, Darice has been very helpful with lots of good information and food for thought. I am so grateful to have gotten good advice from you all. I am waiting to speak to the hematologist next week when he returns, and I plan on asking him about transfusions and Neulasta. We've got a good lead on another doctor for a second opinion, in spite of the fact that my father says he's not interested.

Maybe he'll change his mind after the week-end. He's totally bottomed out again with the extreme fatigue and has spent the last few days in bed. He fell on Friday. I spoke to his GP he told me that dad has a weak heart due to an irregular heartbeat. Got that working against him, too. He did manage to make it to the diner today, but a couple of guys had to carry him out to the car because he couldn't even manage to hold up his head!! It's so sad. He's lost so much weight and has a no appetite. On days like this, I wonder how he carries on.

Need to stay positive, I know this. Some days it's easier than others....