View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 2, 2011, 07:41 PM

Hi Laura
BEG your father to go on this site for his sake and yours! It will allay some fears, and being a go between is never easy, especially with little ones...

That said, I just finished 5 rounds of Vidaza and am awaiting results from latest bone marrow biospy. I too have cheated death, but where there's breath, there is hope. The great thing about this site is the amount of information as to what is out there and you have access to people all over the world. The hard part is "Everybody is Different"...I used to hate to hear that, over and over, but it's so true. From results to side effects and tolerances, you just can't predict.
My counts the other day were WBC 2.8; Hgb 10.4, Plts 28k----that is good for me! Means I didn't need a transfusion for a whole week! To look at me, you'd never know...
How does your dad FEEL? I feel pretty good for as sick as I am; I live alone, am independent and get to chemo and hospital on my own. I am grateful for that. I don't have the bruising I did originally--who knows how low my platelets were at that time....they have been as low as 2 ! with no effects...
I was originally diagnosed with AML and given 3 months...that was 15 months ago....now I have MDS...hopefully the AML is still at bay, after a grueling course of induction chemo and bad sepsis....

Numbers don't matter, time left, all of that...Try Vidaza! There are other meds as well! What is his doctor saying? Why is he stopping the Procrit?
Live as best you can and enjoy every moment...and fight like hell....it's the Jersey way!!!!
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly