View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 27, 2012, 08:59 PM

Two MUDs found!!!

I was first diagnosed with MDS in May 2011 and have been an avid follower of posts on this wonderful forum. I got great news the other day that there are 2 unrelated donors found for me if there is a need for a BMT in the future. I was reluctant to post this news since I am not dealing with the issues that many of you face with transfusions and other treatments yet, but am simply at a "watch and wait" stage. I feel a connection with many due to the diagnosis but am feeling blessed that as low as all three of my blood counts are, I am able to live a relatively normal life at this point.

I am extremely grateful for this news and I thank everyone on this forum for the support they provide everyone dealing with all aspects of this disease.

Janice
Female, age 52 - Diagnosed May, 2011 Hypoplastic MDS. Cytogenetics showing 2 abnormalities on chromosome 15. Blasts<5%, IPSS of 1. All blood counts low, but no treatment; watch and wait. Registered for MUD; on Feb. 23/12 two donor matches found but returned since not needed yet!