View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 26, 2007, 10:15 PM

Thank You Ruth for your kind words. This is an awesome site. It would have been perfect for Mom. She has always been the "wind beneath my wings" so I see things much more clearly and she taught me not to sweat the little things. I want to pass everything she was on to my children. I know all the day to day things we went through and how stressful it can be. I wish I could do more to help. I am in contact with our cancer center often and I think I will start there. Even if it is only running to the store for someone when they can't do it anymore. I feel in my heart that this is what I am to do beside taking of my children, my Father, keeping track of all my Mother's sisters and brother and preparing for my up coming wedding in August of 08. My Mom will always be with me I know, it's just sometimes I get a little selfish and wish she were here beside me. She was a special lady, who was also my best friend. I am going to keep learning about this disease and I truly do hope that besides donating blood, that one day someone might match my bone marrow and I can donate it to them. (although, my first wish would be that no one would have the need for it - in a "perfect" world.)
Thank you for listening to me ramble. I suppose this is my way of trying to move forward, but is so hard. Bravery is not the word for someone diagnosed with this disease. It's just the tip of the iceberg as they say.

Thank you again,
Beth
Beth, daughter of Mary age 75; diagnosed MDS Oct. 2005. Just recently passed away; 21 months after being diagnosed and treated. She was truly an amazing woman who never gave up and never questioned why.