View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 26, 2009, 11:37 AM

Feeling lost. need help.

My daughter presented with the flu in march, which lead into liver failure, we fought that and in may her blood started doing crazy things, that lead into a bone marrow biospy, they said she lost over 95% production. She has very severe apastic anemia. In june they put a port in and did ATG, she had a critical blood infection, in July she had a fungal infection in the sinus and in lung, she was hospitalized june and july and had 2 sinus surgeries and a piece of her lung taken out. She is getting tranfusions for platelets twice a week if not three, hemoglobin once a week and we are going neupogen shots nightly. she is on neoral,b/p meds,liver meds,kidney meds and anti-funal meds. They are doing another bone marrow biospy on Oct. 8th. We are going to Devos Childrens Hospital where they tell me they see aplastic anemia all the time and it's not that rare. She has been tested for over 65 diseases at the mayo clinic, has liver doctor in chicago, ann arbor.... Things don't seem to getting any better after ATG...Now this week they are telling me the anti-depressant zoloft can attack platelets and promote bleeding and they have had her on that for months. the entire journey is at www.carepages.com search alexisrose
Please let me know if any one has good ideas!!! I have the material from here, she has a 10 out of 10 match in the bone marrow regristry, but they aren't even talking bmt.... just not convinced that they are such experts in this area.

Thanks,
Destiny