View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 20, 2010, 02:15 PM

Hi Birgitta

We finally spoke with the doctor this morning and this is one of the questions I forgot to ask about, another BMB! But I did raise this point with my husband after reading your reply to my question and he is not in favor of another biopsy.

She did say that the biopsy is what they need to go by. Just thinking out loud, I wonder if there is a certain small window of time where they both can show improvement (counts) or progression (disease)??? That would raise the question for others of how often a BMB should be done while receiving treatment.

For now, my husband has decided to go ahead with the induction therapy next week and we'll use the balance of this week getting things in order.

It would be an interesting subject to research (the window where both increase) but I'm all googled out for the time being.

I appreciate the reply and all the information and knowledge you have brought to this site.

Best regards,

Debbie
Debbie, wife of Mike age 58, diagnosed RAEB 2 April 2010. Initial blast count somewhere between 10-15% then 20% after two treatments of Dacogen. Completed induction therapy 8/2/2010. BMB 8/31/10 - 4% blasts. SCT 10/1/2010. Relapsed in 10/2014, second transplant from same donor on 12/31/2014.