View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 13, 2011, 05:03 PM

Linda,

That just stinks. I know we're a big country, but we really need a health insurance and health care system that doesn't tie you to a specific state. With a disease like MDS, it may be that the type you have really does ned to be treated in a center o the other side of the country.

Since my clinical trial was at NIH, I didn't have to deal with that problem, since they pay for everything that happens on their campus. I did have to cover the cost of the local CBCs and other blood work, though, since that was done in my home state, my health insurance picked up most of the tab. But, with those labs, bone marrows, and transfusions, I will definitely hit my out of pocket max before the end of the year.

Thanks for the explanation.

Good luck, and do let me know if I can help dig any more info out of the internet as you make your decision.

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com