View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 11, 2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyn11 View Post
Glad to hear things are going okay. I wish you good luck with the registry.

No, I am not on any anti viral, anti fungal or antibiotic. Up until I had the diverticulitis which I am sure was caused by Zofran, I was pretty healthy. My doctor never mentioned having me on those, but I am pretty sure I have a virus right now too because I have some sores in one nostril that I used to get when I would get the oral herpes. I am glad you mentioned that. I think I will ask him about it. My ANC and WBC are the same as before I got diverticulitis and I wasn't getting sick so maybe that is why he didn't put me on anything.

I would definitely ask your doctor. I personally think that all these meds are causing some of his nausea but at least he's protected somewhat from all that opportunistic crap out there. He's on diflucan, acyclovir, and bactrim. Some he takes every other day and some is everyday. His WBC's havent bottomed out either so Dr. M is being very cautious with him. As you see, being in the hospital can delay treatment which is something we dont want. Only his RBCs have needed to be replaced. Have you needed any blood transfusions? Platlets?

Zofran sent my dad to the ER so I understand where you are coming from. Bad Juju! He takes compazine and just started Emend for the nausea which is a 3 day pill. Dr. M is happy with how he is doing and so are we! Just need to get to Duke soon to get this rolling.
Daughter of father diagnosed with MDS RAEB-II intermediate risk due to normal cytogenetics. Blasts at 13% peripheral blood at diagnosis with no cytopenias. 6 cycles on Vidaza then on to SCT at Duke. BMT from my brother and now showing signs of relapse. DLI in the works.