View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 14, 2017, 11:20 PM

Hello Val,
Thanks for your message. Sorry to hear about your dad. It must be really tough to have to go through this a second time . You mention that your dad was in remission for 5 yrs. Was that from an induction and consolidation therapy? Why is he not a candidate for a transplant?

It's interesting that you ask about the cytogenetics report. I've been really frustrated because his doctor has basically refused to give us a copy of the report. I asked for it the last time we saw him the day my dad started his Vidaza and he told me I would have to make an request to archives to obtain a copy. But when I went to Archives they told me that it would take 2 months!! He did tell us when my dad was first diagnosed that he had complex abnormalities that put him in a high risk category . I really hope the Vidaza works. We have an appointment tomorrow with the bone marrow transplant team. He just finished his first round of Vidaza today and while he is very tired, he has not had any other symptoms. He has lost some weight but his appetite is still good. I think it's because he is losing muscle mass from not being active and also having made significant changes in his diet (eliminated all processed foods, added sugar dairy, eating a little meat but lots of veggies/fruits).

Good luck with your dad. Please continue to give some news.

Cat