View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 8, 2014, 08:00 AM

I have to second Chirley's first observation regarding Celiac's. Everything you described can be attributed to it. Sounds like you've had it for a long time and I would bet your nutritional status is no where near optimal.

Have you considered working with a good, alternative nutritionist or an integrative doctor to fix your digestive track and restore nutrients in order for your body to heal? Most doctors are not well versed in nutrition. Standard blood serum test for B12 and folate are not very accurate. Most doctors will prescribe the least bio-availabe B12 and D when patients are low. And, a low normal B12 or high B12 and folate without supplementing, is suspect and needs to be addressed. Zinc is crucial for you immune system. Your zinc, copper and iron need to be in balance.

Depending on how much damage was done, will depend on how much you can reverse. It's a slow process and can be a bit rocky on the road to recovery.

Maybe you have already addressed this, but if not, I would encourage you to explore the Celiac connection.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.

Last edited by Marlene : Tue Jul 8, 2014 at 09:32 AM.