View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 27, 2016, 05:44 PM

Here is the letter I was thinking of sending to Dr. Steensma. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Bailie, thanks for the references. It will give the VA something to waste their time reading. Their mind is already made up.

Ray

Dear Dr. Steensma,

The VA denied my disability claim for benzene as being likely the cause of my MDS. Text of denial at bottom. Debbie Pierson from the Fort Collins Veterans Service Office feels that I should submit a Notice of Disagreement. If you could find time in your busy schedule to write a letter that shows how benzene exposure is as likely as not to be the cause of my MDS. This would strengthen my case. I know it is almost impossible to find exactly what causes a particular case of MDS.

This means a lot to me. Here are some points that would help my cause that you may want consider and include in your letter:

Why you think my MDS might be related to my military service. Strength of link of benzene to MDS. Length of time between exposure to benzene and symptoms of MDS. It was the benzene in the gasoline used to dilute AO that is responsible for MDS. The lifetime care that I will require. GVHD.

I have read your article that explains why the disease may happen a long time after exposure and show no symptoms in the mean time.

Thanks for the help,