View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 29, 2015, 04:55 PM

Vidaza saved my life. I was fine and feeling great and six months later my counts were spiraling downward. I was told that I might live another 6-7 months without treatment and it wouldn't be a good 6-7 months. The Vidaza started working for me after the 2nd cycle and brought my counts back to normal so I could have a transplant.

I think your thoughts of a "natural recovery" are a one in a thousand chance, but miracles do happen. "Lifestyles and what we eat in particular" isn't going to change your chromosome problems. The reality of the situation is that if they put you on Vidaza your MDS is serious enough that "to change my diet (more organic produce, etc.) and increase my exercise, it is probable that I would get better naturally" is not going to happen.

For me, if I would have waited any longer before going on Vidaza I don't think I would be alive now. It is crucial to attack MDS as soon as possible while a person feels reasonably healthy. If you get "behind the eight ball" with MDS it will almost always overwhelm.

This is just my opinion and I think it is realistic. I will be interested in what others think. The research is pretty clear that a transplant is the only known cure for MDS. Above all, I wish you the best as you decide your course of action.