View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 1, 2015, 05:10 AM

Quester,

I am not sure which person responded before me "why not both" to the chemo and diet options, but given my experience i would say both is a good option as well. I have had Vidaza on two separate occasions - 2 or 3 cycles the first time and 6 the second. Vidaza does tend to knock down blood counts a little duriing the beginning of each cycle and into the first week or two, then blood ounts tend to reover. In terms of quality of life, Vidaza is a relatively quick injection, and had very little impact on my energy level. Diet and exercise certainly have had some impact for me a well. I think that getting to a weight where you are feeling good about yourself and that you are in balance helps with chemo and overall well being.

In the end, I too ask the question, why not both? ''''''

DanL
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.