View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 7, 2014, 06:13 PM

Transplant Without 10/10 Match

I feel your pain. For a year we did not have a 10/10 match for our son. Scarry to say the least. If you are unable to find a 10/10 match, I strongly urge you to call NIH in Bethesda MD. Dr Rick Childs is having wonderful success with Haplo/cord transplants. Statically, this procedure is proving to be the safest form of transplant if one does not have a 10/10 match. This procedure is in Clinical Trail, if accepted into the trial, NIH can greatly help with travel and lodging cost. The wonderful care at NIH is free. ( I have been very pleased with the care and I know that I am a nightmare for any medical staff. I question everything.) You can view Dr Rick Child and Dr David Margolis on Youtube discussing the success with the Haplo/Cord transplant. I urge you to at least call them before making any decision. Our previous transplant doc never mentioned this opportunity at NIH. It terrifies me to think what would have happened. His plan was to use a B mismatch. We have since been told that would very likely to have caused horrible chronic GVHD or death.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
May the Lord bless you and all with bone marrow failure.