View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 29, 2012, 04:30 PM

Michelle- how long have you been in the wait and watch zone? I agree it is does a number on my nerves not to have a blood test and the longest I have gone at this point is two weeks. Thank you for posting, I am not glad other people have to go through this but it is nice that we can compare and commiserate with each other. I guess it's hard to plan, are you thinking of doing the ATG anytime soon?

Greg- your information about Cutler's research is very interesting. I have looked up some of the articles and read over them. Thank you for your great advice. I plan on talking to my doctor about that this week. I think he may prefer to do a transplant since I am so young and he seemed to imply that I have a whole lifetime for the MDS to progress to AML.

Melissa- thank you also for your response. You are definitely right that I have time to contemplate before making decisions and time to live life. That is exactly what I needed to hear, and I really appreciated that. It sort of snapped me out of my initial daze.

Anyway, going to talk to doctor about optimal timing for stem cell transplant. It seems to me that I should not bother with first trying a course of ATG because it's not a true cure. I don't know if this really wrong to think.

Thank you again everyone.