View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 7, 2012, 04:36 PM

Dear Yaka,
I really can't say why no one has answered your post. I have noticed the last several days there has not been as much activity on the forums as usual. That may be part of it.
As none of us are doctors all we can give is our opinion about an individual's situation. You said your Mother is failing and it certainly does look like she is having a difficult time to say the least. We all want to encourage and support everyone as much as we can but I doubt anyone wants to give an opinion that could convey pessimism when we really don't know. I can tell you that at one time my husband was on our doctor's death list. Now 2 out of his 3 counts are normal - and his platelets at last check were 123,000. His all time low was 4,000.
All I can say is where there is life there is hope. If you are a person of faith that is one of your best sources of comfort. You are not alone even though it may feel that way. I know all wish you and your Mom the best. You are both in my thoughts.
As to your questions - I don't have any answers. I wish I did.
I hope saying this isn't outside your faith. If it is, just know it comes from my heart. God Bless - I wish you well.
Sally