View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 19, 2012, 08:34 PM

Brian,
I can understand how you would be concerned about these changes when everything was going along so well, but honestly, I would listen to my doctor and expect a bit of GVHD to show up. Have you had any at all like perhaps dry mouth, dry eyes, mouth sores? If not, you have been blessed. The surgery with anesthesia and all would be a hit to someone with a normal immune system, but a transplant patient 100 days out~~~~~. We were told that platelets are the last thing to come back and for my husband that was definately the case. The fact that your HGB is rising is encouraging. Try not to borrow trouble (I know that is easier said than done ). Our experience with the transplant docs has been great - very available and on top of things. Share your concerns with them. Share your concerns with us.
Take a deep breath. We're here for you.

Mary
Mary, wife of Mike age 70; diagnosed MDS RARS 1999. Tried Vidaza, Revlimid, and Dacogen. SCT 10/1/09 at U of MI; induction FluBu2; sister perfect match donor. 5 years out, little to no GVHD. Off all meds. God is good