View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 14, 2017, 10:49 PM

prednisone

Forgot to talk about prednisone in my previous post. I was taking 15mg, then tapered down to 10, which is 30% decrease. I felt exhausted, and nauseous... so prednisone was increased to 30mg.
The side effects of prednisone, as most of you have experience, varies. I have depression, crying and weeping, feeling lost! I can't sleep, I'm hungry all the time, but can't really digest so much My doctor says it''s normal. And he is optomistic that prednisone will do the job, so I will not need another dose of ATG rabbit.

Ever since my stem cell transplant on June 2nd 2017, I haven't had a bmb yet. Strange? The doctor said we will do it soon.

For those whose loved ones are in their 70s, my room-mate is a 72year old lady, cord blood transplant, doing fine, no GVHD, only some nausea during the pretransplant regimen.
Her provincial hospital rejected her, stating they cut the age limit at 65 for transplants, so she came all the way here, where there is no age limit. She is such a success story.

I turned 52 last week. Praying that I still have MANY MORE YEARS to enjoy with my family.