View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 21, 2011, 12:14 AM

Hi pvinod,

Neoral by Novartis is modified cyclosporine. So, that is good. I found this on the web that gives the dosage as 100 mg/ml.

https://members.kaiserpermanente.org...oln&index=true

I wasn't sure from your posting whether your daughter is taking .5 ml once or twice a day. If your daughter is 11 kg, then taking a total of .5 ml a day would be close to the "typical" dosage of 5 mg/kg/day. If she is taking a total of 1 ml/day, then she is taking close to 10 mg/kg/day, which is pretty high.

Here's the math: 100mg=1ml, so .5 ml=50mg
5mg/kg/day=x/11kg/day x=55mg/day (this is the typical dosage)

Was your daughter initially taking a total of .3 ml/day or .3ml twice a day?
.3 ml twice a day would be close to a typical dosage of 5 mg/kg/day.

If you were to repeat ATG soon, I am guessing that your daughter would just continue on cyclosporine all the way through. I think the only reason why some places stagger it is because they don't want to bombard a patient with a bunch of new potent drugs at the same time (ATG, prednisone, and cyclosporine) in case they react badly to one of them.

Again, I am not a doctor. This is just my understanding of the dosages. Please correct me if you think I have it wrong!