View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 3, 2010, 12:20 AM

Cindy

Wishing that all goes well for you and Ron.

Kind regards,

Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by launch View Post
Ron was hospitalized just 6 hrs after my last post. At 10pm Ron developed severe back pain, which we thought was muscular skeletal, as he's had problems in past, but, at 4:00am (Sat /July 31) he begain experiencing chest pain. I took him to the ER immediately. He's at same hosp that originally dx him with MDS, and the same hosp where his cardiologist services.

They're waivering in the diagnosis, as Ron has multiple things going on... first believed to be heart attack due to heart enzymes present in blood test. Then, developed arrythmia, atrium refib, belived to be percarditis. Also, Ron has those same fevers he had just 2 wks previously. They've now called in Infectious disease Doctor to check for possible virus infections, etc.

They have continued him on the Revlimid that he started taking last Wed night. He had severe back pains the past 2 mons, so, the Revlimid would not bring about the back pain issue.... not sure if it's related to the others... I've looked at the side effects, and there are so many on any drug. So, we're just confused and very concerned about everything right now.

They have Ron on IV antibiotics (For Fever), and started him on prednisone again to reduce inflammation, if percartitis, etc. They have him on blood thinners, but, have already had to give him 2 units of blood Saturday (July 31), and the HBG is already back down to 8.0 so they're giving him another unit of blood now. Maybe another unit will be given later.

Too much going on in our lives right now, as I know you all well understand..... Keep praying.
Hugs, Cindy
Debbie, wife of Mike age 58, diagnosed RAEB 2 April 2010. Initial blast count somewhere between 10-15% then 20% after two treatments of Dacogen. Completed induction therapy 8/2/2010. BMB 8/31/10 - 4% blasts. SCT 10/1/2010. Relapsed in 10/2014, second transplant from same donor on 12/31/2014.