View Single Post
Old Mon May 9, 2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
Just to add to Nicole's latest post, Vitamin C and B5 are critical for adrenal health. Poor functioning adrenal glands will impact energy. We found John deficient in both.

Oral B12 at 5000mcg of the methly form is very effective at replenishing B12. So if they don't want to give you B12 shot, you can take of this yourself. You would also need to supplement all the other B vitamins. They need each other to work.

Have you had your thyroid checked. The thyroid and adrenal are linked. A few year back they modified the reference range of TSH and many docs still don't realize it.
I see my primary on Wednesday. I think if I asked to her to check xyz she would. She is so nice and tells me she remembers me before transplant and sees me now and can tell I have a very poor quality of life. She tells me she will do whatever needs to be done in order for me to get my life back. I will ask for B 12, B 5, C, to be checked but any others? Is that dose of oral B12 per day or? I am just nervous because there are so many things out there I don't want to accidently take the wrong thing, if that makes sense. But at this point I will try pretty much anything because I feel so horrible. I got my primary to check my thyroid because transplant refused to. It was "normal". I will have to get the number.

Laura