View Single Post
Old Wed May 16, 2012, 03:17 PM

Question American Disabilities Act-Part time work

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about rights regarding work. I am currently off payroll from my civil servant job. I have been informed if I do not return to work by November 14, 2012 I will lose my position. I must be able to return full time. Following a slow recovery from a MUD transplant, My dr. is suggesting that if I am able to return at that time I should start out part time and work up to full time. Since I have learned that MDS patients frequently meet the requirements of disabled, would I qualify to require the workplace to "modify" my work day by allowing part time work until I am able to work full time? Besides the income, it is very important I am able to return to work as I am about to reach my 10 yr anniversary which will grant my husband and myself medical coverage for the rest of our lives.
f68 MDS; abmt 1/12. ABO mismatch 11 mos. (70) transf. Ferr 3-5k. 8 phlebot. AGVHD to CGVHD. skin,eyes. lungs as of 10/13. muscle weakness &osteo long term steroids.photopheresis 2x wk as of 3-15.pred 20 eod,acyclovir, mepron, voriconazole, pantropazole, lisinopril, montelukast, anoro, azithromycin.