View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 31, 2014, 06:10 AM

A question or 3 due to the MDS in me...

My pleasure to join and hopefully connect with fellow survivors of this array of blood cancers for which we fight for our successes.

I work closely with The Team BMT, and at Day 26, my answers seem best addressed by a fellow patient.

I have a few queries to put to the mass here at MarrowForums, and your patience and understanding is appreciated, your opinions are sought...

Does anyone have input on Resource 2.0 as a temporary meal replacement? Does it cause gas for you and does it suffice at 140g protein/3300cal intake per day? I am trying to maintain 200lbs, have needed this source of food due to mucusitis issues still healing, but this may be a source of some painful gas as well. Any knowledge or similarities in your case?

I am on Cyclosporine 400mg twice daily, and I am aware that level is high. I am shaking like never before in my life, but require this amount to maintain required levels. Can this be a source for gas? Has anyone asked for something that worked to calm the tremors? I can't even sign my name, take pictures, perform minor precision activity...

Lastly, does anyone have a sure fire answer to swimming with a Hickman line, whether it's a one time dressing or a special swim shirt. I have a pool, and for exercise I really miss swimming. Does anyone have a solution be it one off or every day?

In closing, thanks for reading my post through. It shows you are genuine and you care, or boredom has set in and it's fodder. Either way, thanks. I hope you win at every task your situation forces upon you.

I plan on asking questions, I will also read through and try answering questions when I can. I will always care, and I try to use humour in most appropriate situations. But most of all, I am thankful for joining these boards and look forward to communicating with a positive and beautiful group.

My name is Dean, I am from Vancouver, and was treated at Vancouver General Hospital. I am a single father to 3 children that have supported and kept me going since Day 1. Bring on those 100 days and give me the tools to fight and I shall build my own resistance camp and pull this one through. As I hope each and every one of you does too. Let's do this.
Regards,
Dean604