View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 23, 2007, 02:29 PM

Thank You Ruth

for your reply. No the lumps cause no pain to him, but they are unsightly and scary. I think of lumps as meaning the big "C" word, but we haven't heard that yet. YES, Roswell seems very thorough and I'm glad he finally decided to go. Perhaps had he not been so stubborn and gone back in September when he was first diagnosed with MDS, he would be in better shape today.

He is continuing to get blood transfusions, at least weekly, and there are now some side effects, i.e. he gets the chills real bad at night and a low grade fever. What causes this?

I so hate this disease and want my "old dad" back.... there's been nothing harder in my life than watching him turn from someone so feisty and full of life to someone who can barely walk across the room without being out of breath. I have all of my friends praying and trusting God for healing and answers, there doesn't seem much of anything else anyone can do to help him. My mom takes care of him 24/7 and I'm sure it's exhausting for her after all these months.

Please stay in touch - your response made me feel a lot better hearing that the lumps could be associated with the disease. I hadn't read that anywhere else.